Re: OXS for 16v, $200!

>I found the wiring going into the OXS (lambda sensor)
>was frayed and causing some problems with the fuel
>pump. I thought while I was in there I might just
>replace the sensor and repair the wiring. The VW
>dealer quoted $200 for the OXS, so I just repaired the
>wiring. The car is running well now, but I was shocked
>at the price for the OXS. It was around $45 for all
>those 8vs I was driving. Is this part really that
>expensive for the 16vs, or am I just looking in the
>wrong place?
>
>=====
>Jorel Jackson

No, that's the right Scirocco 16v price.  The reason it
is so expensive is the wiring harness and connectors.  The
length and connectors are specific to the Scirocco 16v,
and you know how many of them there are...

Otherwise, it's pretty much the same heated Bosch O2
sensor that gets used in sooooo many other applications.
That's why you can get a Mustang sensor and graft it on,
I'm not sure what the 'universal' units are that Mark and
Mike are selling, but I used one with great success.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net