OXS for 16v, $200!

I found the wiring going into the OXS (lambda sensor)
was frayed and causing some problems with the fuel
pump. I thought while I was in there I might just
replace the sensor and repair the wiring. The VW
dealer quoted $200 for the OXS, so I just repaired the
wiring. The car is running well now, but I was shocked
at the price for the OXS. It was around $45 for all
those 8vs I was driving. Is this part really that
expensive for the 16vs, or am I just looking in the
wrong place?

=====
Jorel Jackson
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos