Tranny

So I go to my local VW performance shop and have my distributor replaced and
ordered a hose to repair a vacuum leak causing my car not to start properly.
On my way home I decided to open her up a little.  As I reached about 105mph
I felt something go and smell something burning under the hood.  To make a
long story short my tranny blew.  Now for my question, my local shop has a 4K
tranny from a GTI, that they are sending to a trans shop to get a bolt kit
put in it.  They said I can have the trans, a new clutch, rear main seal, and
lightened flywheel installed (45 dollars an hour for labor) for $1250.  This
seems a little high to me what about you guys.