RE: [1.8t] What is my brother getting for christmas?

Dan,

My advise to him would be to keep the Jetta stock as a handy commuter, and
buy a MK1 Scirocco for the fun days.
Sorry, just had to. :-)
I'm sure Neuspeed probably has some stuff for that model.
Check with Mike (west) or Mark (east) and they can probably set him up.

Oh, yeah I almost forgot, he could probably buy a real nice 81S from the
sale of the girlfriend and still have enough money left for a nice set of
rims. LOL

Randy B
Mars 81S - techtonics tuning 1847cc 8V
Cosmos 81S - future project - dreaming of 200-220hp.
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver