RE: 160 MPH Speedometer...

> Exactly how rare is the 160 MPH speedometer?  I happen to have
> one in my car.
> I've thought that I had read that they were difficult to come by.
>  If that's the case, I have no real interest in keeping mine, if
> somebody wants to make an offer.

Depends what you mean by rare. If you mean finding one in a junkyard, then
probably so.

Mine was very easy to find.  I went to the dealer, spent $120 for a brand
new 160 Motometer speedo, and drove home.	 I was sick and tired of fixing my
speedo (odometer) every few years.  Now I don't have to worry for at least
100,000 miles.  The change from 120 to 160 took awhile to get used to, but I
don't even notice now.  The odometer works (metally add 188,000), the
speedometer is accurate, and I'm happy :)

There's an overpriced ($99 or so) cluster with a 160 speedo on Ebay right
now. I see no point in spending that much for a used speedo that we all know
will break soon. But to each his (or her) own...

Anyone know the life expectancy of a Motometer vs. VDO?

Greg :)

Gregory Davis       1985 Euro-spec Scirocco

GAK Motorsports... Your source for German Plates,
country emblems, Scirocco Gauge Panels, and more!

Visit http://www.DriversFound.com....
THE Scirocco Enthusiast Website!