Re: Tech: O2 sensors

In a message dated 12/4/2000 2:23:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rabbit16v@prodigy.net writes:

<< my car gets 35mpg PLUS (if I don't drive it like a nascar everyday) with my
 O2 sensor disconnected.  HTH, it better have it took me way too much time to
 type that out!!!  >>

Well I read the entire thing and learned a lot. Thanks for taking the time.
So I read  in your message that at full throttle, the o2 sensor is not even
used so any problems at full throttle will have nothing to do with the o2
sensor system right?

 Well I reconnected my 02 anyway and again I had a bad stumbling episode.  I
am now attributing this to a bad spark plug wire on the number 1 cylinder.
two days ago I noticed it not sitting flush it was up about 1mm.  It did not
seem to click in so I twisted it a little and it went in.  Next day full
throttle and bad stumbling, checked it today and it was up again, pushed it
back down t. Today bad miss again.  I looked at it just now and it is up
again. It runs fine with it being up  1mm so I will leave it like this until
I can get a new wire.  Anyone have a spare 16v wire laying around for the #1
cylinder?  I can't buy a new set they are just too much money and I only need
one wire as the rest are fine.
Thanks all.
Later

Brian 86 16v