Re: Tech (RANT) : O2 sensors

As far as i understand

UK 16v's - No O2 Sensor, no Cat - Very few were ever imported officially -
something like 20 in 1986/87 - rarer than rocking horse doodah
Power was 139bhp
Other Euro 16v's were cat free as well without O2 sensors but a mainland
Euro lister may wish to confim/deny that and i believe 139hp as well.

For sure NO UK Scirocco's have O2 sensors as none of them had Cats - Not
legal until late 1992 when the model had finally run/sold out although i
have once seen a GTII (90hp carb) registered in 1994

I believe that UK 8 valves were either 1.6carb (75hp) 1.8 carb (90hp) or
K-Jet (112hp)
16v were I believe KE-jet (139hp)

Please advise if the above is incorrect

Andy