Re: Tech (RANT) : O2 sensors

Here in Europe two different Scirocco 16V were offered :
The one without catalytic converter with K-Jetronic and
KR-engine with 139 PS & warmup regulator,
and the 129PS catalytic PL version with KE-Jetronic
like the ones in the USA.

But the difference of power is NOT due to the O2 sensor but
mainly due to the different timing ( camshafts ) of the KR and PL engines
and due to the bigger ( 50mm) EURO-intake manifold.

In fact I equipped my KR-engine with the electronic and O2 sensor
of the PL engine due to emission-laws here
and there is NO loss of power at all. ( still 145PS there :-))

HTH

friendly Greetings
Dirk
http://www.Scirocco2.de/collection.jpg
Scirocco HORNSTEIN '86 16V 1.8l  KR "CABRIOLET"
Scirocco GTX '84 montegoblack 1.8l  DX "DIGIFIZ"
http://www.Scirocco2.de

Yeah, ok I know I'm a dumbass.  But , is it true that the euro 16v's do not
have O2 sensors?  I thought I heard that once before. And don't they put out
a little more HP.  So are they just missing the o2 sensor or do they have a
completely different engine management system. later

Brian 86 16v
http://members.nbci.com/captnbr/captnbr

http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html