Re: Alternator problem- I need help badly!!!

> OK. here is the story, my oddometer has been working intermittantly so I
> remove the guage cluster and don't have time to finish it before work.  So
> I drive to work after plugging just the speedo onto the cable.  Never paid
> attention to the voltmeter, at lunch I see the voltmeter reads 12 volts,
> less than it's usual 13/14

There it is John.  There is a circuit through the gauge cluster that must be
completed for the whole system to charge.  Yeah kinda stoopid design, but
because the cluster was out the circuit did not complete, thus not allowing
your entire electrical system to charge at all.  Plug it back in and you
will be fine.  HTH

Jody Bailey
http://www.scirocco8v.com