Re: Suggestion for the Scirocco List (techies especially)

In a message dated 12/1/00 2:18:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
roccophil@mindspring.com writes:

Hey,

I know we have a unique list here and as Scirocco nuts we have to stick
together and have a place to talk.

However, after d/l over 80 posts the other day (I d/l everyday, so that was
ONE day's worth) and noticing that the majority of them were mainly social,
not technical posts, I would like to suggest something:

For those of us interested in really hammering out technical issues, would
it be acceptable to preface the subject line with a TECH: brake
bleeding -or- TECH: misfire  ??  This allows us to get to the heart of
technical posting and help one another out.

I really don't mean to come off as crotchety here.  I like to yap, also.
But dammit, I don't have 20 minutes in the AM to sort out people talking
about how old they are (YES, I was in on that thread) and am afraid I might
miss some really good tech stuff....  I'd like to easily just find which
posts I want and just deep-6 the others (how nasty sounding).

Really, my appeal is to those of us making technical posts, not to those
just commenting on something.

Hope my thoughts are not miscontrued.  Have a good weekend, all.  I am off
to my pappy's heated 3-car garage (stocked with all sorts of cool beers) to
do more 8v work.  Sooooo.... let it snow, let it snow.....

-PK

Well, I see where you're coming from, but another issue is that the software
that is used to run this list sucks. E-groups is much better, as you don't
get the same e-mail 2-3 times which really ads up. Is there any chance that
the software could be changed, or that the list could move?

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)