Re: Kinda odd part needed/Rear deck speaker install question

Mark Mages wrote:

> If you are even slightly serious about getting good
> sound out of your rear deck, you need a lot of
> reiforcement.

My approach..

I just went out and bought the back end stuff to finish off my ICE setup.
Just before ND I got a Kenwood 715S "mask" rotating faceplace CD head unit,
and 2-way Boston front speakers in the stock location with the tweets up
high in the doors.  Tonight I bought a pair of Boston 746 "plate system"
4x6's for the rear stock locations (4" round mid + 3/4" tweeter).  In
the back will be an MTX 10" sub, plus 5-channel Alpine amp to drive
everything, plus my Kenwood MD changer - a trick piece to have as
they no longer sell MD changers in the US.

End result will be that everything will look stock, I can either flip the
faceplate on the head or pull it out easily and remove it, and nobody will
be any the wiser about the stuff lurking in the back nor of the speakers.
How will it sound?  Hopefully decent!!

As for 6x9's on the rear deck, definitely heed the advice about
reinforcement.  The original rear deck in my car had a heavy pair in
it and it was all tweaked out.  I have since replaced it with a brand
new one (miracle find by Potterman!).

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0