Re: Kinda odd part needed/Rear deck speaker install question

If you are even slightly serious about getting good
sound out of your rear deck, you need a lot of
reiforcement.  That cheap cardboard flap will NOT
support your 6X9's well, and will not give you a good
flat mounting surface.

If I was doing a 6X9 install I would build a whole new
deck out of 3/4" (or at least 1/2) MDF and install
some hydraulics (like the hatch supports) and a latch
on it to access the trunk space.

at the least you need to do some cross bracing to
stiffen it up

If you are going to add that much weight (just the
speakers even) you should think about replacing those
rubber straps with wire, or something not as flimsy

My opinion.......

Mark

--- Nate Mellom <bronson@inwave.com> wrote:
> I need one (or a pair, I guess) of the rubber straps
> that attach the
> rear deck to the hatch.  One of mine broke at
> Treffen.
> Also, I'm thinking about installing my Boston 6x9's
> in my rear deck, but
> I'm worried about vibration and rattling.  Anyone
> out there have any
> problems with rear-deck speaker installs?
> Thanks,
> Nate
> '84 8v
>

> --
> Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To
> unsubscibe send

=====
Mark
Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean that anyone wants to hear it

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/