Re: Timing - 1.6 w/ hydraulic head

--- Luis <chuntpa@yahoo.com> wrote:
> OK, so you guys say that what I have here (EE engine
> code) is an original 1.6, but the head on it is
> hydraulic, which if Im not mistaken only came on the
> 1.8.  How does this effect how I set the timing. I
> had
> the cam and timing belt off the other day and I
> positioned the cam and crank as per Bentley,

you also have to set the intermediate shaft and
distributor at the same time.

 now the
> thing wont start...MY QUESTION: Are there any
> special
> considerations I need to take in setting the timing
> for this thing considering the head??

Solid vs Hydraulic would have no impact on setting
timing.

The 1.8 head will not fit a 1.6 block without
modification - are you sure that it is hydraulic?

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM

For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.