Re: Waterpumps on 8V with A/C?

I've done this on my Jetta. What kept me in my garage doing it myself is
that a local shop quoteed me nearly $500 to replace that $50 part.

I didn't follow the manual because I found my method a bit easier. Start by
taking off the alternator, then the A/C compressor. Drop the power steering
pump on the floor and then you can take the braket off that holds all of
those items. Under the braket is the water pump housing. I like to take the
entire housing off because of the high liklihood that at least half of the
bolts holding the pump to the housing will break.

I found a local place that sold me the whole water pump and housing for
about $45, so I just replaced it all.

With this method, you have to take off all the V-belts, but you don't hjave
to mess with the timing belt, unless it needs to be replaced, too.

Good luck. -- Craig

http://profiles.msn.com.