Re: Waterpumps on 8V with A/C?

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:57:24 -0400 Jim Jarrett <jarrett@rpa.net> writes:
> It appears that I'm gonna have to replace the waterpump on my "new"
> '84 Wolfsburg Edition.
>
> I've only fooled with non-A/C, non-P/S cars where it's almost
> cheating.
>
> Anyone got any tips for removal/replacement?  I don't have the
> Bentley handy right now, but I'm guessing it's full of things like,
> "remove bracket," and "remove bracket" really means, "swear like a
> longshoreman because you have to be a contortionist to remove these
> bolts..."

It's like a 4 hour job if it has the large block York a/c compressor.

The thing to do is remove the a/c compressor along with the main bracket.
If you have an extra housing, or a water pump complete w/housing, that
will make things a lot easier.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V