Re: So-cal Dubfest 00' flounder????????

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:53:22 -0700 Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com>
writes:

>Here's the deal: the Hollywood Park venue got scrubbed due to an event
>conflict - INCLUDING the SCCA autocross, supposedly.  The Dubfest boys
>said that the SCCA event was <possibly?> relocating out to Irwindale as
>well.  Hmm.. quick check of solo2.com seems to indicate that SCCA
>event is still on for Hollywood.  What's up with that??

Im still scheduled for practice at HP on sunday. Aparently its a 2 day
practice day or something. I dont have all the details yet but here'swhat
I do know.
At the last HP event we didnt have the space that we normally use for the
pit area. That was closed off for use as overflow parking. (Which NEVER
saw a single car parked on it the whole time I was there.) I think the
spce that the Dubfest boys were gonna use was this same space.

>I just emailed the Dubfest organizer, Art Santos, asking for an
>update.  I'll post his reply to the list.

Ive done that 3 times already and STILL havent gotten a single reply
about anything. Pisses me off. GL!

>Autocross or not, I hope to see at least a few fellow listers out
>there this weekend!  It should be a decent show..

Not me bruddah. I got priorities (NATIONALS!!) which vastly outweigh
going to a car show. It will be a mini ND/Driversfest show im sure. Im
sure we will be dissapointed compared to the "show of all shows" at ND
anyways. I dunno.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!