1.8L Compression Q's?

So I found a 1.8L  engine out of a GTI near me.  Do not know what year, but
am assuming early 80's so I guess it is a 10:1 comp ratio.  I have not
talked to the guy yet, but ad says 160psi across the board.  Is this good?
I just need the motor to put in my 82 so I can drive it for the winter then
I will be putting in my 2L 8v with cross flow head and all electronics.
Hopefully I will be able to get a hold of the guy tom so I can find out more
about it.  TIA

Jody Bailey
82 Scirocco 8v (on jack stands waiting for a heart donor)
85 Scirocco 8v (running strong...only not for me, damn friends with no money
:)
91 Audi Coupe Quattro (picking up on Saturday)