Re: oil warning light/buzzer

--- John Lagnese <jlagnese@cybertours.com> wrote:
> Have you actually hooked up an oil pump? The buzzer
> will be going when
> you unplug one of the senders, but you will know for
> sure. The senders
> are short money. The high pressure one is the one to
> change first.
> John
>
> Jorel wrote:
>
> > --- Jason <jason87vw@nac.net> wrote:
> > > How many miles on it ? Mine did the same thing,
> > > kicked around all possible
> > > reasons on the list. I never did much about it.
> > > finally was on my to get
> > > the oil pump replaced, when I threw a
> > > bearing...bottom line, replace the oil
> > > pump...Fairly easy to do (from what I have been
> > > told) and could save
> > > yourself a lot of heartache in the long
> run...Not
> > > the oil pump, oh well, it
> > > goes anyway after a certain amount of miles, so
> > > chalk it off as preventive
> > > maintenance...There are listers who have replace
> > > everything having to do
> > > with oil on their cars and still had the same
> > > problem so good luck....

I replaced the sensor today. It was cheap–only six
bucks–and the buzzer isn't going off anymore. The one
replaced was the one down at the filter. I havn't even
messed with the one in the dash. As long as this keeps
working I don't plan to go up there anyway. The oil
pump tested out all right. Thanks for your input, and
that goes for everyone else out there who pitched in.
With all that I found it right away.

Jorel Jackson