Re: oil warning light/buzzer

--- Jason <jason87vw@nac.net> wrote:
> How many miles on it ? Mine did the same thing, I
> kicked around all possible
> reasons on the list. I never did much about it. I
> finally was on my to get
> the oil pump replaced, when I threw a
> bearing...bottom line, replace the oil
> pump...Fairly easy to do (from what I have been
> told) and could save
> yourself a lot of heartache in the long run...Not
> the oil pump, oh well, it
> goes anyway after a certain amount of miles, so
> chalk it off as preventive
> maintenance...There are listers who have replace
> everything having to do
> with oil on their cars and still had the same
> problem so good luck....

The car has 102 k on it. Will not be driving it until
I find out what is wrong. This definitely gets me
interested in getting an oil pressure gauge. Yes, it
does sound easy to replace the pump myself, but I work
six days a week and am currently in an apartment
complex (searching for a house with a big garage)
where they frown on certain types of car repairs.
Anyways, thanks for the suggestions, it does help.

Jorel Jackson

87 16v
85 8v