Re: What can I buy for $1200?

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:39:40 -0400 Daniel Brideau <dan@hobbyetc.com>
writes:

> >What have you done to your 16V Scirocco so far?
>

> euro lights, 2.0 engine, and big silly wheels.  I'm considering
> bumpers, but I should really fix the clicky valves...
I wouldn't sweat the valves, unless they really bug you. What oil do you
use?

I'd first get a Bilstein suspension, either HD's with the stock springs,
or Sports with H&R or Neuspeed springs.
...Then I'd get a TT race downpipe (if you can get away with it), and a
TT stainless straighthru exhaust.
A euro intake cam and a fuel enrichment if you can swing it.

> >I like the tools that you made, they're pretty cool.
> >
> >What kind of pressure do you use when you bleed your brakes?
> 13-15PSI?
>
> I start at 0 and slowly open the air regulator until the juice
> starts to move.  I don't go too high for fear of wrecking stuff.
I'm going to try that... Thanks for the tip.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V