Re: Clutch job

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:18:09 -0500 freshapple <freshapple@mac.com>
writes:
> I wonder what he would quote on a Sachs clutch kit for a 16v?  I
> think a new clutch cable is in order too.
>
> DanK

Probably $110 for a 16V Sachs clutch kit, that's what they sell for
around here anyway.

> > I would personally go with a stock Sachs kit, but that is me.  I
> did buy a Brute Force kit (Borg Warner) about 4 years ago-hadn't heard
of
> the Pottermans yet.  I didn't use the PP and dug it out last summer
> for my MkI 2.0 16V and one of the bolt holes was off, so it was junk.
Did you try all the combinations? It only goes on one way...

> But the disc itself seems good.  The T/O bearing probably is included
(mine
> was) and you can replace it if you want, they don't go bad often since
> they're in the Transaxle.  I don't know what clip you are talking about

> though.  Have you tried Potterman for a quote?
> >
> > John

Don't be fooled by the bane "Brute Force", it is pretty much the same as
a standard Sachs clutch kit.

I had a problem with a standard Borg Warner clutch, and I've been using
Sachs ever since, without any problems.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V