Re: 13" tires

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 03:07:42 -0400 "Foxx (in a box)"
<foxxinabox@core.com> writes:
>> The 205/60's are closer to the stock size which keeps the spedo as
>> accurate as possible.
>
>  since when did dunlop start making 13" tires?

Ummmmmmmmmmm.
Hmm.
Ok.
Who said they did make them? Thats funny.
The tires that I got way back in 96' were some off brand cheapies.

> i just did a search for
>this size at <http://www.discounttiredirect.com/> and came up with the
>qualifier tr. anyone know how good this tire is?

On stock width rims, they really dont matter how good of a tire they are.
In this scenerio, (13X5.5 wheels with 205/60R13 tires) the tire brand
doesnt matter much. They are vastly superior to the stock size tire in
terms of cornering performance. Everything else is about the same.
But then again, ive NEVER been a tire brand picky kind of guy. other than
the Hoosiers for autox use but thats another issue.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!