Re: 81 Roc Could Be Mine

--- Jan Folkson <jfolkson@optonline.net> wrote:
> Good Morning All,
>
> Just got a call from a guy that I met at the VW
> dealer that I go to.  I met
> him about a year ago and he's got an '81 that looks
> like an S but no badge,
> I think.

Does it have a front spoiler and blacked out chrome? S
Models were either Black, (Cirrus) Grey, (Cosmos)
Silver, (Alpine) White or (Mars) Red.

  Anyway, he calls me and tells me that he
> just bought it to another
> dealer and they told him that he needs a fuel
> distributor for $1K.  He
> doesn't want to put the money into it and called me
> and asked me to make a
> bid.  Does anyone have any idea what to offer him.

Have you examined the floor pan for rust? This is a
must. If it passed this test and the paint is good - I
would start at $500.

> Right now it's not
> running and I still need to take a better look at
> it.  But last I saw, it
> had no rust and looked really straight.  It's got
> about 110,000 miles on the
> clock with full maintenance records.  AFAIK, always
> dealer maintained.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)