Re: completely bizarre white smoke incident

Once I lookes behind me and I saw litterally a mile of military grade smoke..
I thought it was a blown head gasket, but here is what happend:  During
higher than normal revs (4500 to 5500) on the older engines, oil builds up in
the head.  It doesn't drain fast enough, then wham, a little gets sucked into
the breather tube and it creates a syphon effect.  My air filter was dripping
oil...  It doesn't really hurt anything (but a cat if you have one).  I am
curous about what the cars behind me thought!  Any hey, it never hurn to
rust-proof your exhaust from the inside!
There is a baffle, that diesels got first, and then all '85 and later 8v's.
This baffle splashes the oil down, so it doesn't have a chance to enter the
breather tube.
Ben
86 8v
84 8v