'79 Mk1 16V conversion complete, AND DOES START!!!

I got the car running today.  The problem turned out to be very simple.
There was air in the fuel lines.  I jumpered the fuel pump relay, and pulled
up on the airflow meter plate until I heard the last of the air escape, and
the fuel start to pour in.  After this I cranked it a couple of times and it
fired right up, like it had never been apart.  What a wonderful sound!  I've
driven it around the block, but I had to start in third gear because the
shifter linkage is still a little whacked.  After the dash is wired, a
professional tune up, and an alignment, it'll be fully ready to go.  Import
Drags, Autocross and Dyno Day here I come

Ben R
Membership Coordinator
<http://www.volksport.com>
Volksport GTI and Watercool Volkswagen Club
"We support your VW Performance Addiction."