Re: 50mm intake

 Mark Peele wrote:

> No U.S. Cars.

Not true..

> For A1 chassis cars - only Euro non-cat 16V Sciroccos
> (Engine code KR, if memory serves me correctly).

A very small number of very early '86.5 16V 'roccos made it across the pond
with the 50mm.. then were quickly recalled.  Ron Wood told me tales of
50mm's being found in boneyard cars.. talk about a find!

> Some euro A2 16V cars had 50mm too, but they are
> facing the wrong way . . .

Ron can "convert" the Golf/Jetta 50mm into 'rocco spec by cutting and
welding, and apparently has made a few of these.  He offered to do mine
if I weren't able to find a "real" one (thanks again Dirk!).

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0