Re: new bat: recomend?

At 12:22 AM -0700 8/19/00, Kevin Collins wrote:
>"Josh(MAD16v)Able" wrote:
>
>> ok I need to invest in a new battery for my 87, what do folks reccomend?
>> I have never given brand options a thought in this area before.
>
>If you're planning on keeping it forever (and with what you've got into it,
>I'd hope you are!) then I'd go for an Optima Redtop.  Expensive but 100%
>maintenance free, has killer warranty and will last a HELLUVA long time.

I'm with Kevin on this one, the red-top Optima is my battery of choice,
too.  As far as I can remember (ive had it for 4 years now), this battery
is more resistant to damage caused by running down to very low voltage,
recharges itself faster after running dead, and resists damage from
vibration better than conventional batteries...

>Otherwise a nice Interstate would be a good choice..

I think Interstate distributes the Optima under their own name now... might
only be in Canada though?