Re: 16V Scirocco top speed

Not to burst anyones buble here, but I have a GPS.  Yes, it gives exact speed
to .1 MPH.  And yes, VW Speedo's are optimistic.  I have tested it with two
different speedos (both 120's)  and it turns out, 70MPH on the speedo is like
63, 90 on the speedo is about 82 actual.  100 is about 90 etc...  I am sure
this trend follows the 16v 140 speedo and 160, if not more so.  The best way
to determine speed is to do a little math off the engine's RPM. 4000 RPM ~74
MPH

BTW, for you folks with tires less of a diameter than stock, your speedo is
even more optimistic!