Re: trans axle info

--- Chris DeLong <green536@hotmail.com> wrote:
> An FF or an FN possibly an FO but I doubt that last
> one. They were usually
> only offered on '79-'80 models. I dont know what
> other tranny codes are
> offered outside of the US.
>

> >On Sat, 19 Aug 2000 22:38:50 GMT "Chris DeLong"
> <green536@hotmail.com>
> >writes:
> >
> > > From my US point of view GTi's HERE did not ever
> come with an FN or FR
> > > (never even heard of this one).
> >
> >So seeing as the Chilton gives the same two
> possibilities (FR, FN) foy my
> >82 Scirocco, what does it really have?
> >
> >Timothy A Reed, Esq.
> >t.a.reed.esq@juno.com
> >Moses approached the thick darkness where God was
> >Exodus 20:21

My advice on the Chilton is to use it as a shelf
warmer. Get a Bentley - you'll then see why . . .

Of course, the easy way is to get under the car and
look - the 1st two letters of the tranny code will
give it away (ex: FF_______).

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)