Re: Drake head on ebay

--- Kareem <6keb1@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote:
> Yeah, I already noticed this vintage vw modded
> head..
> Anyone have any idea/guesstimate as to how much
> power it
> would bring to an otherwise stock but healthy 1.7
> bottom end,
> say with a ported intake manifold and 80mm fuel
> distributor???
> It'd be cool not to have to take out a perfectly
> good block
> just to get a JH, if this could get me near or
> beyond the
> 90hp/10x lb-ft of a JH. Thanks,
> Kareem
> '81 Scirocco S
> '88 Scirocco 16v

Kareem, it should get you close, or maybe a little
more. The MK1 Scirocco GTi pulled 110hp from it's
1588cc block (but it was 10:1).

This is only a guess . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)