Re: trans axle info

At 03:59 PM 8/19/00 -0400, Julie Macfarlane wrote:
>I looked at the tranny's on the cars and cannot find where the markings are.
>I want to rip out the transaxle from the Jetta possibly and put it into the
>GTi. What is the ratio difference between the two? Better top end speed?
>
>Julie Macfarlane
>'81 Scirocco (Mom)
>'83 Rabid Jackalope GTi (Baby)
>'85 Wolfsburg Jetta (for sale)
>

>--
Jules, there should be a flat spot on the bottom of the engine which will
have the 2 or 3 letter code and then some numbers which indicate date of
manufacture.  Bentley lists a variety of codes for 1.8 gas, non 16V
cars(ACN,AON,ASF,ACL,AUG,9A,ACD,AEN)  Most of these I've never seen or even
heard of but find that code and I can tell you what the ratios are.

John
(got to find that old VW&Porsche article w/ the ratios listed for everything)