Re: trans axle info

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000 15:59:57 -0400 "Julie Macfarlane"
<juliemac@telenet.net> writes:

> I looked at the tranny's on the cars and cannot find where the markings
are.
> I want to rip out the transaxle from the Jetta possibly and put it into
the
> GTi. What is the ratio difference between the two? Better top end
speed?

If my Chilton's manual is correct, the GTI will have either an FR or FN
transmission and the Jetta should have a 9A.  I think the gear section on
scirocco.org has the ratios.

Timothy A Reed, Esq.
t.a.reed.esq@juno.com
Moses approached the thick darkness where God was
Exodus 20:21