Re: Tire Sizing

--- freshapple <freshapple@mac.com> wrote:
> I was looking around for tires and what sizes might
> fit on the stock 16v
> teardrop 14" rims.  I ended up getting 205/60-14s on
> them and I really
> like them.  There is no rubbing when I am driving
> hard in corners. even
> with Eibach pro-kit springs  There is only slight
> rubbing if the
> steering wheel is turned all they way.  I don't know
> if anyone has heard
> of anyone running tires this big, but I wanted as
> wide of a tire as I
> could get.  Some people told me it couldn't be done,
> but alas, it has.

It's been done before.

IMHO, that's a tall tire. It'll cost ya in terms of
acceleration . . . and your speedo will overstate your
speed.

More tire is not always better . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)