Re: Scirocco mk1 engine transplant

> I just bought a Scirocco mk1 as a project car. It needs a new engine and I
> am trying to determine the best replacement for it. I am thinking about
> staying with the 8 valve so that I can just bolt the new engine right in. I
> saw a place on the web that sells an 8 valve 1.8 liter that has been bored
> out to 2 liters. If I wanted to have this done myself, which block would
> work best, or are the 1.8s in the Scirocco, Jetta, GTI all the same? Would
> one year or model stand up best to this kind of bore? Where would I then get
> pistons and rings? I need some advise.

  fwiw, i think many run a 2.0l block and a 1.8l head (i'll certainly be
corrected if i'm wrong) with interesting results. also, if you decide to
go 8v, it'll be cheaper in the long run as compared to a 16v.
ultimately, i'd like to end up swapping a vr6 and (dreaming) a tdi into
a scirocco.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com