Re: Neuspeed vs. H&R

--- freshapple <freshapple@mac.com> wrote:
> I agree, I had Neuspeed Spring on my 82 8v rocco
> back in '92 and they
> were too springy and tight for daily driving.
> Currently, I have the
> Eibach Pro-Kit on my 87 16v rocco and the ride is
> much more smooth.
> Both the Neuspeed and Eibach work well in cornering,
> but I like the
> snappy feeling in the response of the Eibach's
> better.  It seems they
> hit a certain point of compression and they really
> stiffen up.  The
> Neuspeed seemed to be stiff at all times.  Point
> being... I like the
> progression of the Eibach's better than the
> Neuspeed.

I had Eibach on my old 1980 Scirocco S -  I was VERY
unhappy with them. Perhaps the complete kits are
better than the springs alone - but my experience is
with the springs alone. The ride was extremely harsh.
Brutal.

I've been driving on H&R in my '82 (daily driver) for
several years, and I am extremely happy with them.
When I complete the restore on my '81, it will ride on
H&R.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)