Re: No start..1.7 8v CIS (1978 Rocco)

>From: "S.Coleman" <deadbolt@mindspring.com>

>  If I pull a injector, turn the key to the "ON" position,
>The injector sprays.  Is this correct?  I thought the injectors only
>sprayed when the venturi plate was raised?

Right, your injectors could be leaky. I doubt this is new, so if it ran
before, then just add this to the list of things to fix. Medium Priority.

>If I turn this 3mm hex counter clock-wise until fully closed, how many
> >turns should I adjust back out?

Umm, about as many turns as it took to get it where it is now. :-)
Seriously, It was most likely fine before, and just try to get it back
there. Once it's running again take it to a shop and have them set it using
a CO meter.

>  I did buy a new dist.cap which I reinstalled the wires in a 1,3,4,2
>order.  Top right is #1, bottom right is #3, etc.

That is the way it's supposed to be. However, it is possible to install the
distributor so that the rotor is in any position when at TDC, so just
installing the wires to the "factory" positions does not necessarily mean
that they will be getting spark at the right time. To be sure it's all
right, take off the cap and turn the motor to TDC. Use the mark on the
flywheel as the indicator. Now look where the rotor is pointing. It should
be pointing at a small mark on the distributor housing, roughly at the point
closest to the motor. Now test fit the cap, and the wire plug for #1 should
match up to where the rotor is pointing.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
78 Scirocco 1.8