Re: engine smoking!

I experienced that once wherepop car made a hiccup and then a pop noise
and lost power follwed by smoke out the exhaust. I thought for sure it was
a blown headgasket. It turns out that i had changed the oil the day before
and added to much and it "puked" in to my airbox and then came out as
smoke. Check your airfilter, I'll bet that there will be a decent size
spot of oil.

Rich Deede
2000 GTI GLX
1988 Scirocco 2.0 16v