timing belt problem...

Well im almost done with rebuilding my 79, i just got my engine in but i
have a problem with the timing belt when i tryed to line up the all the
marks, with the engine out, i would line up the distributor pulley and the
crank pulley but when i try to line up the camshaft it stops about a 1/4in
before the mark, so i move the crank pulley about 1/4in then the cam would
spin freely, but then when i line up the cam, and try to line up the crank
it spins the cam counter clockwise.., its like there is no way to get all
three marks lined up right.. anyone have any idea?
Also the bentley said to mark the flywheel and the clutch plate when
dissasembling, but i didnt, will that make anything not work right or make
somthing go wrong?
thanks a lot
chris

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633