Bad vibrations...gone

As anyone who has sat in my car (post engine swap) knows, my car has
a rather large amount of engine vibration at idle.  It would regularly
vibrate various bolts out of the engine.  I've literally lost 6 or 7
over the past year+ (replaced every time of course...but still rather
annoying).
Anyway, I thought it was 'normal' for a worked engine:  overbored 2L 16v,
ported / decked head, Shrick cams, lightened flywheel, etc....

After a comment from Bill Scarince about this weird vibration coming
from my engine only during certain RPMs I decided to investigate further...
as it's _always_ done that....I guess I thought it was normal also.

Anyway, after a brief search, it appeared to be coming from my
alternator (which put out 13+ volts and seemed fine).

So I replaced it.

Wow.

95% of all the nasty engine vibration I had is gone.  I found it
difficult to believe that a bad alternator bearing could harsh the
engine so much...but it was true.  The 'new' alternator puts out
almost 14 volts and now I know what a balanced engine is supposed
to run like. :)

Thought this might be an interesting story.

==Brett