Re: 16V Timing

After reading your post a few times I am a little confused .

Are you saying that while the crank mark is lined up the cam one isnt? I
assume you had replaced the belt or taken it off and somewhere along the line
things got misaligned . It is very important to have the two lined up before
you run it or you will most likely bend valves (recenly stripped a belt at
idle and got away with it though)

You dont need to remove the head to time the valves to the crank but you do
of course have to remove the belt . The cam sprocket is keyed to the cam so
you will have to turn the whole assembly (cams and sprocket) until the marks
line up and then put the belt back on . If you have the valve cover off there
is a mark on the inside of the cam sprocket that lines up with the surface of
the head and to me is more accurate .

Jasin
80 16v