Re: CIS-E idle problems, 86 16v.

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 14:48:11 -0400 Gary Huff <scirocco86@home.com>
writes:
>List
>	The car idles at 2 grand once it warms up. It's very
>annoying.... I've
>tried the following;
>
>1. Swapping out the idle stabilizer with a known good. No go.
>2. Replaced O2 sensor when installed new downpipe and fixed all
>exhaust
>leaks.. no go.
>3. Playing with the idle adjustment screw.... no difference.
>

>Any ideas? I'd really like to get the idle down to normal, set the
>mixture and timing, then have a nice drivable scirocco. Thanks,
>			Gary Huff

Sounds like a big fat vacume leak.

Its probably too obvious so you dont see it. Go thru the routine, hoses,
clamps, intake boots and also grab the intake manifold and give it a
yank. They've been known to come loose.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!