Re: [16V FUEL ENRICHMENT] The Verdict.

In a message dated 8/11/00 7:48:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
vwtype53@yahoo.com writes:

<<  Jason, I have tested this module myself when I was done making it
 and it does indeed produce a resistance value of 1100 ohm when
 activated.
  The only thing that I have not tested is if there is enough
 resistance in the longer wires of the module to affect the overall
 resistance signal being input into the CIS-E computer...
 i.e. at startup...the resistance signal from the coolant temp. sender
 now sends its resistance through the wires of the module and back
 to the computer...would this increase the resistance enough to
 affect cold startup?  anyone?>>

I don't know exactly what wire size you used in the construction of the
module, but typical DC Resistance values for #18 cu wire are in the
neighborhood of 8 ohms PER THOUSAND FT-- even accounting for temperature, I
seriously doubt that the additional resistance of the wire itself would have
much effect on the current in the loop.  I would be more concerned with the
resistances of your splices and terminations-- if bypassing the module cures
the over-rich cold start problem, you may have a corroded terminal or cold
solder joint somewhere.

Nice to see an independent source collecting and reporting "hard data"!

Danny