Re: [16V FUEL ENRICHMENT] The Verdict.

--- 16v Jason <jason@scirocco.org> wrote:
> Not to be outdone, Mr. Wizard (aka Ms. Jason) has performed a highly
> controlled scientific experiment regarding the merits of a fuel
> enrichment
> module.
>
> The Victim:  A non-RPM sensing fuel enrichment module submitted for
> independent testing by none other than Ben Harder.  The unit has not yet
>
> been tested for its functionality (as someone has borrowed my
> Multimeter),
> but it makes a cute clicking noise when full throttle is activated.  It
> also causes horrible cold-starting problems on my car -- so a test of
> the
> unit will follow.

 Jason, I have tested this module myself when I was done making it
and it does indeed produce a resistance value of 1100 ohm when
activated.
 The only thing that I have not tested is if there is enough
resistance in the longer wires of the module to affect the overall
resistance signal being input into the CIS-E computer...
i.e. at startup...the resistance signal from the coolant temp. sender
now sends its resistance through the wires of the module and back
to the computer...would this increase the resistance enough to
affect cold startup?  anyone?

 I would like to make my fuel module RPM-sensing so that it would
not "kick-in" until after 5000 rpm or so...where the module *actually*
seems to help.
 Anyone had luck with a rpm-sensing device?

Jay, as always, thanks for the great analysis and data collection!
An actual dyno run would be a true end to the questions...
go for it!  And bring back results we all want to hear!  ; )

Good luck!

=====