RE: not flooding anymore, but...

We checked the cam-to-crank timing by putting a rod down the #1 spark plug
hole and seeing where it topped out, and it was right when the cam lined up
with the mark on the valve cover.  Plus there is another mark on the crank
pulley that lines up with another one on the block, this came out right too.
  I came to the conclusion that the flywheel wasn't keyed (more than 1 way
to put it on), and that I had put it on wrong.
Thanks anywho

Joe
'88 16v project, not running yet