RE: word of warning - fire extinguishers

   Thank the people that banned halon fire extinguishers for this. It's a
chlorofluorocarbon similar to the evil R12.
   Gerry

Subject: word of warning - fire extinguishers

just a word of warning for everyone that drives with a fire
extinguisher....

my best friend has (maybe had) a toyota land cruiser with a soft top, for
a joke somebody discharged his two fire extinguishers onboard
inside....naturally the fire extinguisher stuff sprayed everywhere,
including under his dash.  He cleaned the truck as best he could but the
residue is eating away his electrical system, and ICBC (our provincial
insurance provider) wants to write off his vehicle as it'll be two
expensive to repair and they feel a major melt down is inevitable.

so all the folks out there that carry extinguishers make sure that they
are TYPE 'B &C' I believe.  I believe the 'A' are generally erosive to
electrical things. I would hate to see somebody whose attempting to save
their vehicle from fire, cause more damage because of the type of
extinguisher they use.

jeff.