79 is alive

Well, I finally got a chance to go out and mess with the 79 Roc I bought a
few months ago for $400.  As usual, bad grounds were a major problem.
Swapped a bad starter with a good one from a parts car and cranked her over.
It would start and die.  Start and die.  Figured it was only running on the
cold start.  Took off the boot and lifted the sensor plate with the fuel pump
relay wired and I could hear fuel squeaking out of the injectors.  Started it
again and the same thing happened.  Decided to try messing with the mixture.
Took 4 whole turns with the CIS tool before fuel would spray out with the
plate at rest.  Turned it back half a turn and it started and ran.  Yeee
haaa!!!  Now I need to take care of the rest of the wiring problems (i.e.,
put things back the way VW did it rather than the way "Bubba" thought it
should be) and see if she'll move out of the driveway.

I love these cars.   :)

Tom
78 Audi Fox GTI
79 Rocco
80 Rocco (future SOLO car)
81 Rocco S (parts car)
81 Porsche 924 Turbo (blown turbo)
82 Rabbit Pickup
85 Audi Coupe GT
86 Rocco 8 V (daily driver, future 16 V)
87 16 V Rocco (organ donor)