adj cam gears for 16v's

Hi again,

Has anyone had good luck using adjustable cam gears
for 16v's?  I recently added a set of shrick 256's to
my daily 1.8.  The power is good but I think the peak
of the power band is a bit high.  I'd like to bring it
donw a bit and was hoping the adj cam gear would help
out.  what do you guys think??   BTW what are people
running for adj cam gears?  TT?  Kent?
For those of you running the tt one how do you torque
down the bolt on the end.  On the factory on I have
always stuck a screw driver or pry bar through the
gear and stopped it on the valve cover.  How do you
stop it with the solid face of the tt.
For those of you using Kent, how do you like it?  It
is a nice piece but can you get them for less than
$160 (ack) nice piece, but very pricey...
any info appreciated.