Re: [mk2] interior door panels

I had to do this to my driver's side.

Used a brand of contact cement (don't remember brand).  Got it at a
Michael's craft store.

Still holding after 1.5 years.

Just apply some to the plastic lip on the armrest, and then on the
corresponding mating surface on the back of the door panel (cork,
cardboard, whatever the hell it's made of).  Let the cement set for a
few minutes.  Then press the insert into place.  Line it up right the
first time or it'll be fun pulling it back apart.

I would think something like 3M trim adhesive should work as well.

Don't use screws.  That's cheating, and NOT OEM looking.

Good luck!

Jay Bichanich
86.5 Scirocco 16V Tornado Red (original owner)