84 8v Just Bought...Stalls...Help...kinda long

Hi List,

Thanks to everyone who offered advice on removing broken manifold
studs...Luckily for me I was unsuccesful at removing them...and the
wife felt sorry for me and let me get another 84 8v roc!! Yeee-Ha!! Now
I have to convince her to let me keep the "parts" car.

Anyhow...it has one big problem which seems to be electrical. I drove
it home (all highway) with no problem. When I drove it Sunday around
town, it lost power occasionally. Going about 20 mph it would seem to
"go dead" for about 1/2 second...the Tach would drop to ZERO. Then it
would jerk and keep going. (I'm not sure if it restarts due to the
momentum...as if it is being push started....or if it just comes back
to life). Also, It has stalled when stopping at a red light twice, but
restarts with no problem. Other than that it seems pretty solid and the
engine seem very strong.

I've never been very good at diagnosing electrical problems, so
pleeeeaaase point me in the right direction. (The reason I beleive that
it is electrical is due to the fact that the tach drops immediately to
zero...I was told that the Tach was electric) Am I way off-base? What
should I look at first?

I've seen where several people have been preaching about the
"grounding" of the electrical system...I will see if I can locate the
grounds and clean them up as a first step.

I have Bentley/Haynes/Chilton...tried to find an appropriate
"troubleshooting" section but guess I didn't look hard enough, cause I
didn't find anything...I'll be looking again tonight.

TIA,
-Keith

First:  84 8v Organ Donor... Rest in Pieces
Second: 84 8v Ill-mannered Daily Driver