Soundproofing the Scirocco

I finished stage one of the soundproofing of my car
this weekend.  WOW - it makes a HUGE difference.

I put a generic Dynamat clone ($1/ft^3 vs 5-6$) all
over the hatch area, in the spare tire well and under
the rear seat.  I also used Dynamat Dynashield
(aerosol spray) on the insides of the rear
quarterpanels.

It is amazing how much quiter it is inside the car
now.

For $25 and 2 hours with a heat gun it is a great
'modification'

Pics and updates to come....

Stage 2 - dynamat under seats and footwell (25$) and
replace padding under footwell with Dynamat sound
padding ($50)
Stage 3 - Dynashield the insides of the doors
Stage 4 - Dynaliner Hoodliner on hood ($50)

=====
Mark
Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean that anyone wants to hear it

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/